A very quick recipe just right for summer. Gammon steaks are cooked in garlic and oil then covered in a really tasty clear parsley sauce.
Gammon Steak with a Light Parsley Sauce
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 4 tsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 gammon steaks
- 60 ml (2 fl oz) white wine vinegar (4 tbsp)
- 120 ml (4 fl oz) water (8 tbsp)
- freshly milled black pepper
- 4 tsp runny/liquid honey
- 4 tbsp fresh curly parsley, roughly chopped
- 228 g (8 oz) peas (1½ cups)
- You will also need a large heavy-based frying pan/skillet.
- First put five plates in the oven to warm.
- Then remove any rind from the steaks.
- Now heat 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan over a medium heat and stir through the garlic.
- The steaks will need to be cooked two at a time. Lay the first two steaks in the pan and cook for 3–4 minutes each side. Remove and transfer to a warmed plate in the oven.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan and cook the remaining two steaks, transferring them to the warmed plate with the other steaks.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, water, pepper, and honey in a small bowl or jug.
- Once the steaks are cooked, remove the pan from the heat and add the sauce along with most of the parsley.
- Stir vigorouslyfor 1 minute. The heat of the pan will be enough to heat through the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the steaks and sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
- Serve with peas and other seasonal vegetables.
Updated: July 27, 2019