A very quick recipe just right for summer. Gammon steaks are cooked in garlic and oil then covered in a really tasty clear parsley sauce.
Gammon Steak with a Clear Parsley Sauce
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 4 tsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 gammon steaks
- 60ml/2 fl oz/4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 120ml/4 fl oz/8 tbsp water
- ground black pepper
- 4 tsp honey
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- To serve
- 228g/8 oz peas
- large heavy-based frying pan/skillet
- Put plates in a very low oven to warm.
- Remove any rind from the steaks.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan over a medium heat, then stir in the garlic. The steaks will need to be cooked two at a time. Lay the first two steaks in the pan and cook for 3 minutes each side. Remove and transfer to a warmed plate in the oven.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan and cook the remaining two steaks. Then transfer to a warmed plate in the oven.
- Meanwhile whisk the vinegar with the water, pepper and honey in a small bowl. Once the steaks are cooked, remove the pan from the heat and add the sauce along with most of the parsley. Stir for 1 minute. The heat of the pan will be enough to heat through the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the steaks and sprinkle over the remaining parsley. Serve with the peas and other seasonal vegetables.