When you want a different way of cooking baby potatoes, give this recipe a try.
Buttercrisp Baby Potatoes
Prepares: 3 servings
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 450g (l lb) new/baby potatoes
- 55g (2 oz) butter (¼ cup, or ½ stick), OR
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- coarse salt, for sprinkling
- You will need a large lidded sauté pan.
- Scrub or scrape the potatoes. Cut larger ones in half, as you do want the size to be small.
- Heat the butter or oil in the pan and, when hot, add the potatoes and shake the pan so they are well coated with the butter or oil.
- Cover with the lid and let them cook over a low heat for about 30 minutes. Shake the pan occasionally to turn the potatoes. When cooked they will be crisp and golden brown on the outside and tender inside. Sprinkle with coarse salt and serve at once.