For those dishes where you want to add potatoes that are a little bit special. The sliced potatoes are baked with garlic and cream until just browning on the top.
Creamy Garlic Potatoes
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 900g/2 lb potatoes, peeled and cut into even-sized pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 300ml/10 fl oz/½ pint double cream/whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- A large sized ovenproof dish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and leave in the pan for a couple of minutes to dry. Slice thickly.
- Spread evenly over the base of the ovenproof dish and season. Add the whole garlic cloves and pour over the cream.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil, return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the tops of the potato are starting to brown.