Crispy Crushed Baby Potatoes
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 55 minutes
- 900g (2 lb) small baby potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 28g (1 oz) butter (2 tbsp, or ¼ stick)
- 2 garlic cloves (skin on)
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) (gas 6)
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil.
- Add the potatoes, bring back to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes or until they are just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a roasting tin/pan in the oven.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and leave for 2 minutes for the steam to evaporate.
- Now add to the hot oil along with the butter, garlic, and lemon wedges.
- Toss to coat thoroughly.
- Slightly crush the potatoes using a fork or potato masher.
- Season and then cook in the oven for 35–40 minutes until crispy. Turn halfway through cooking.