For a really quick dessert that is prepared and baked in just 15 minutes. Bananas are sliced and coated with butter, sugar and orange juice and baked with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Baked Bananas in an Orange Sauce
- Preparation time: Less than 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 8–10 minutes
- 6 small or 4 large bananas
- 55 g (2 oz) butter, melted (¼ cup, or ½ stick)
- 4 tbsp light muscovado sugar/soft light brown sugar
- 1 orange, juice only
- ground cinnamon
- You will also need a medium size gratin dish.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Thickly slice the bananas and spread over the base of the dish.
- Now pour the butter over the bananas, sprinkle over the sugar, then pour over the orange juice.
- Finally, add a little ground cinnamon.
- Bake in the oven for 8–10 minutes until tender and syrupy.
Updated: December 31, 2019