For these delicious sundaes, banana slices are coated in maple syrup, mixed with vanilla ice cream and crushed meringue shells, then topped with whipped cream and decorated with chocolate, a cherry and a wafer.
Banana and Maple Syrup Sundaes
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 meringue nests, roughly crushed
- 8 small scoops vanilla ice cream
- 150ml (5 fl oz) double cream/whipping cream (⅔ cup)
- 1 tbsp grated plain/dark chocolate
- 4 glacé cherries
- 4 fan wafers (U.K. only)*
- *I have been unable to locate anything similar in Canada
- 4 sundae glasses
- (If making your own meringue nests, you can follow my recipe for Eton Mess.)
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Slice the bananas into a bowl. Add the maple syrup and stir to coat the slices.
- Divide the banana slices, ice cream and meringue pieces between the four sundae glasses, layering as you go.
- Top each one with a spoonful of cream.
- Sprinkle the chocolate over the top, then decorate with a glacé cherry and fan wafer.
- Serve immediately.