Quick to prepare and just perfect for a late summer dessert. Peaches and red berries are simply marinated in a peach schnapps syrup.
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 3 minutes
- Chilling time: 24 hours
- 120ml (4 fl oz) Archers/peach schnapps (½ cup)
- 1 orange
- 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 4 peaches
- 200g (7 oz) raspberries (1¾ cups) or strawberries, halved (1 cup)
- Pour the Archers/schnapps into a small pan.
- Juice the orange and add to the pan along with the redcurrant jelly.
- Heat gently to melt the jelly, stirring occasionally. Then bring to a bubble for 2–3 minutes until the liquid becomes syrupy. Pour into a large bowl and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring some water to the boil and then pour over the peaches in a separate bowl, making sure they are completely covered. Leave for 1 minute. Discard the water. The skins can then be easily removed. Halve them and remove the stones. Thinly slice and add to the cooled syrup along with the raspberries or strawberries. Gently stir to coat with the syrup. Cover the bowl and chill for 24 hours, stirring the fruit occasionally.
- The syrup may thicken during chilling. If it is too thick when you come to serve, just add 1–2 tablespoons of orange juice to thin it down a bit.