A very refreshing summer trifle with fresh raspberries and strawberries, that is very quick and easy to prepare.
Easy Summer Trifle
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Standing time: about 15 minutes
- 1 pkt. sponge fingers, lady fingers or trifle sponges
- 4 tbsp raspberry conserve
- 115g (4 oz) small strawberries (about ¾ cup)
- 115g (4 oz) raspberries
- 2 tbsp sherry
- Bird’s custard
- 120ml (4 fl oz) double cream/whipping or heavy cream (½ cup)
- You will also need 4 glass dessert dishes.
- Break enough of the sponges into pieces to fit the base of each dish.
- Then spoon over 1 tablespoon of raspberry conserve in each dish, and level.
- Wash and pat dry the fruit. Hull the strawberries and cut in half. Reserving 4 raspberries and 8 half strawberries for decoration, equally divide the rest amongst the four dishes.
- Now sprinkle ½ tablespoon of sherry over the fruit in each dish and leave while preparing the custard so the sherry can be absorbed by the fruit and sponge.
- Make up 480ml (16 fl oz) (2 cups) of Bird’s custard, according to the directions on the packet. Pour into a small jug and cover the custard with clingfilm/plastic wrap to prevent it from forming a skin. Leave until just cold.
- Spoon the custard equally into the four dishes.
- Now whip the cream until soft peaks form and put a dollop on top of the custard.
- Decorate the cream in each dish with two strawberry halves and a raspberry.
Updated: June 28, 2019