Frozen mixed berries are thawed, then topped with an oat bran crumble which becomes crisp when cooked. A really quick fruity dessert, baked in the the oven or in the microwave.
Mixed Berries Oat Bran Crumble
Prepares: 4 servings
- 450g/1 lb/4 cups mixed frozen berries, thawed
- 1 tsp flour
- For the topping
- 100g/3½ oz/¾ cup oat bran
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- If using the oven method, preheat to 200°C/400°F.
- Carefully mix the berries with the flour and put in a baking dish or microwave safe dish.
- Blend together oat bran, brown sugar, flour and butter until crumbly. Spread evenly over the berries.
- Bake for about 8 minutes until bubbly around the edges. Or, if using a microwave, cook on high for 4–5 minutes until bubbly around edges.
- Grill for 1 minute until top is golden brown.
- Serve with frozen vanilla yogurt, ice-cream or cream.