This is a really delicious fish dish that is easy to prepare and bakes in only 15 minutes. The fish is baked with lemon and cream and topped with Parmesan cheese.
Baked Sole with Cream and Parmesan
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 8 small or 4 large sole fillets or other flat fish, 675 g (1 lb 8 oz), skinned
- 240 ml (8 fl oz) double cream/whipping or heavy cream (1 cup)
- 85 g (3 oz) Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated (¾ cup)
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- You will also need a 27 x 20 cm (11 x 8 inches) ovenproof dish.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F) (gas 7)
- Grease the ovenproof dish with butter, then lay the fish in a single layer in the dish with their thin ends tucked under so the fish will cook evenly.
- Now spoon the lemon juice over the fish.
- In a separate bowl or jug, combine the cream, garlic and parsley. Pour evenly over the fish.
- Top with the Parmesan, sprinkling it over so it completely covers the fish and cream.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the top is starting to brown and the fish is cooked through.