The selection of carrots, red pepper, and green beans make this a very colourful dish. The vegetables are quickly sautéed and served with sautéed strips of chicken in a lovely sauce.
Ginger Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- For the sauce
- 240 g (8 fl oz) water (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp cornflour/cornstarch
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sherry
- 1½ tbsp vinegar
- For the stir fry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skinned and cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 170 g (6 oz) frozen French beans/whole green beans (2 cups)
- To serve
- First make the sauce. Mix together the cornflour/cornstarch and water. Then whisk in the remaining sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Now heat the oil in a deep sided frying pan/skillet or wok and add the chicken strips and garlic. Cook over a medium heat until brown all over, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and sauté for a further 4 minutes, stirring the contents of the pan a few times during cooking.
- Next add the pepper and ginger, and sauté for another 3 minutes, again stirring a few times during cooking.
- Stir in the green beans, snapping any large ones in half, and also stir in the sauce. Cook until the sauce has thickened and the vegetables are tender crisp.
- Serve over a bed of rice.
Updated: September 20, 2019