This is a very tasty way to use up leftover chicken. The chicken is coated in tomato and basil sauce with sautéed courgettes/zucchini and linguini. Just serve with crusty bread for a quick supper.
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: about 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 340g (12 oz) cooked chicken (3 cups), sliced
- 1 jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 2 courgettes/zucchinis, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 225g (8 oz) linguini
- basil leaves to garnish
- To serve
- crusty, white bread
- Pour the pasta sauce into a large pan and add the cooked chicken. Gently simmer for 15 minutes to heat through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the pasta along with a little olive oil (this will avoid the pasta sticking together while cooking). Cook for the time as directed on the packet, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and add the sliced courgettes/zucchinis. Toss to coat with the oil and sauté for about 5 minutes over a medium heat, tossing frequently, until they are cooked through and beginning to colour.
- Now add the drained pasta to the chicken and stir through. Then add the courgettes/zucchinis and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Serve with a chunk of crusty, white bread.