Just 10 minutes to cook this tasty stir fry. Pork fillet cut into rounds, julienne carrots and green beans all in a sweet orange teriyaki sauce. This is so easy to prepare.
Pork and Noodle Stir Fry
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450g (1 lb) pork fillet/tenderloin
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated or ginger purée
- 340g (12 oz) carrots (about 5 medium)
- 225g (8 oz) frozen French beans/whole beans (1¼ cups)
- 2 sheets medium egg noodles,140g (5 oz) (1¾ cups)
- 1 tbsp cornflour/cornstarch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 300ml (10 fl oz) orange juice (1¼ cups, or juice of 3 medium oranges)
- 2 tbsp runny/liquid honey
- 3 spring/green onions
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- You will also need a large frying pan/skillet or wok.
- Prepare everything first as this dish does not take long to cook.
- Slice the pork thinly into medallions. Peel and crush the garlic clove. Peel, wash, and cut the carrots into batons, 5cm (2 inch) lengths and 1.25cm (½ inch) thick. Cut the beans so they are about 5cm (2 inches) in length. Trim and thinly slice the onions.
- Now everything is prepared, you are ready to start cooking.
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the packet and then drain.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in the pan over a moderate heat, then add the pork and fry on both sides for about 2 minutes until they start to brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger, carrots, and beans to the pan and fry for a further 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the vegetables are cooking, mix together the cornflour/cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water. Stir in the soy sauce, orange juice and honey.
- Once the vegetables have finished cooking, pour the sauce into the pan and stir until it starts to thicken, 1–2 minutes.
- Stir through the drained noodles and spring/green onions. Then sprinkle the coriander over the top and serve.
Updated: August 12, 2018