Just 10 minutes to cook this tasty stir fry. Pork fillet cut into rounds, julienne carrots and green beans all in a sweet orange teriyaki sauce. This is so easy to prepare.
Pork and Noodle Stir Fry
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450g (1 lb) pork fillet/tenderloin
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated or ginger purée
- 225g (8 oz) carrots
- 170g (6 oz) frozen French beans/whole beans
- 2 sheets medium egg noodles (140g) (5 oz) (1¾ cups)
- 2 tsp cornflour/cornstarch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 300ml (10 fl oz) orange juice (1¼ cups)
- 2 tbsp runny/liquid honey
- 3 spring/green onions
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Large frying pan/skillet, sauté pan or wok
- Prepare everything first as this dish doesn’t take long to cook. Slice the pork thinly. Peel and crush the garlic clove. Peel, wash and cut the carrots into 5cm (2 inch) lengths and 0.5cm (½ inch) thick. Cut the beans so they are about 5cm (2 inches) in length. Trim and thinly slice the onions.
- Now everything is prepared and you are ready to start cooking.
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the packet and then drain.
- Heat the oil in the pan over a moderate heat, then add the pork and fry on both sides for about 2 minutes until they start to brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger, carrots and beans to the pan and fry for a further 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cornflour/cornstarch, soy sauce, orange juice, and honey. Once the vegetables have finished cooking, pour in the liquid and stir until it starts to thicken, 1–2 minutes.
- Stir through the drained noodles and spring/green onions.
- Then sprinkle the coriander over the top and serve.