- caster sugar/fine white sugar
- a preserving jar or wide necked bottle
- Choose enough perfect raspberries to fill the jar or bottle.
- Prick each berry with a fine skewer or preferably a clean darning needle which is finer. Pop into the jar or bottle as you go.
- Add the sugar to cover a third of the berries and top up with the vodka.
- Seal and keep in a cool, dark spot for at least a month. The sugar will melt and the fruit will give up its colour to the spirit.
- Strain the liqueur and rebottle. It can be used in dessert dishes, for example, fruit trifles, over ice cream or in fruit salads.