These mini ciabatta pizzas are made with ciabatta halves topped with tomatoes, cheese, bacon and onion, cooked in olive oil and garlic. Perfect for a light snack.
Mini Ciabatta Pizzas
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 4 bacon rashers, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 ciabattas, halved horizontally
- 1 × 400g/½ × 28 fl oz can chopped tomatoes
- 115g/4 oz cheese, grated (1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Fry the bacon in 1 tablespoon olive oil over a medium heat for 3–5 minutes until crispy. Set aside.
- Lower the heat and fry the onion in the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, warm through the tomatoes. Then spoon equal amounts over the cut side of the ciabatta halves.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and then top with the bacon and onion mixture.
- Cook the ciabatta pizza in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Updated: January 4, 2020