A really quick tasty snack. Toast is topped with ham and a mixture of grated Cheddar flavoured with mustard and Worcestershire sauce then grilled/broiled until the cheese is golden.
Toasted Ham Cheesies
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 4 minutes
- 40g (1½ oz) butter (3 tbsp, or ⅜ stick)
- 170g (6 oz) Cheddar cheese, grated (1½ cups)
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp English mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices toast
- 2 tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the grill/broiler.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, cheese, milk, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, egg, and seasoning.
- Lay a piece of ham on each slice of toast, then divide the cheesy mixture amongst the four slices.
- Grill/broil until golden brown on top, about 4 minutes.
- Serve garnished with a tomato half.
Updated: November 4, 2018