A really quick tasty snack. Toast is topped with ham and a mixture of grated Cheddar flavoured with mustard and Worcestershire sauce then grilled/broiled until the cheese is golden.
Toasted Ham Cheesies
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 3 minutes
- 40g/1½ oz butter
- 170g/6 oz Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp English mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices toast
- 2 tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the grill/broiler to hot.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, cheese, milk, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt and pepper.
- Lay a piece of ham on each slice of toast, then divide the cheesy mixture between the four slices.
- Put under the grill/broiler until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Serve garnished with tomato halves.