Summer Fruit Glory is a quick summer dessert to prepare that looks very impressive. Layers of mascarpone and strawberry yogurt, summer fruits and amaretti biscuits soaked in Marsala. Delicious!
Summer Fruit Glory
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- 250g or 275g tub mascarpone
- ½ x 500g pot strawberry yogurt
- 12 strawberries, hulled
- 140g (5 oz) raspberries (1¼ cups)
- 140g (5 oz) blueberries (¾ cup heaped)
- 1 tbsp icing/powdered sugar for dusting
- 225g (8 oz) amaretti biscuits (about 24)
- 4 tbsp Marsala, medium sherry or brandy
- You will also need 4 x pretty glasses, sundae glasses or short tumblers.
- Whisk the mascarpone and yogurt together until smooth.
- Reserve 4 strawberries, 8 raspberries and 8 blueberries for decoration, then lightly mix the other fruits together in a small bowl and dust with 2 teaspoons icing/powdered sugar to sweeten.
- Crush the biscuits.
- Now begin layering the glasses. First, divide half the biscuits between the glasses, spreading them evenly over the base. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the Marsala (or whatever you are using) over the biscuit crumbs.
- Spoon a quarter of the mascarpone mixture over the biscuit crumbs and smooth the surface.
- Next, divide half the fruit between each of the glasses and then layer with another quarter of the mascarpone mixture and smooth the surface.
- Now, sprinkle the remaining biscuit pieces over the mascarpone mixture and add 2 more tablespoons of the Marsala (or whatever you are using). Add another quarter of the mascarpone mixture and smooth the tops.
- Finally spoon over the remaining fruit and finally the last quarter of the mascarpone mixture.
- You should now have 4 layers of the mascarpone mixture, 2 layers of the amaretti biscuits and 2 layers of fruit.
- Halve the reserved strawberries and decorate each glass with the reserved fruit.
- Sieve over a dusting of icing/powdered sugar just before serving.
Updated: August 5, 2018