Chicken breasts are marinated in a teriyaki sauce and then baked in the oven. They are served with fluffy rice, fine green beans, fancy baked tomatoes and glazed with a teriyaki sauce.
Baked Teriyaki Chicken
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Marinading time: 6 hours
- Cooking time: 30 minutes (hob)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skinned
- 120ml (4 fl oz) soy sauce (½ cup)
- 120ml (4 fl oz) runny honey/liquid honey (½ cup)
- 60ml (2 fl oz) dry sherry (¼ cup)
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp cornflour/cornstarch
- To serve
- Rice, whole green beans/extra fine whole green beans and tomatoes
- Put the chicken in a baking dish.
- Measure the soy sauce, honey, dry sherry, ginger and garlic cloves into a jug and whisk to combine. Then pour over the chicken. Turn the chicken in the sauce to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours turning the chicken a couple of times.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) (gas 4).
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in an ovenproof dish in a single layer. Reserve the marinade. Cover and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn the chicken and baste with some of the reserved marinade. Return to the oven, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the cornflour/cornstarch in 2 teaspoons of water and stir into the reserved marinade. Pour into a small pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to very low and keep warm.
- Serve the chicken with rice, fine green beans and baked tomatoes accompanied with the teriyaki sauce.
Updated: March 21, 2017