Simple to prepare, this tasty pasta dish gets cooked in one pan in just under 30 minutes. Lamb is cooked in a red wine, tomato and thyme sauce with farfalle (bow-tie pasta). Great served with a leafy salad, and crusty bread to soak up the sauce.
One-Dish Lamb Pasta
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 27 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 450g (1 lb) lamb mince/ground lamb
- 400g can (½ x 28 fl oz can) chopped/diced tomatoes
- 150ml (5 fl oz) red wine (⅔ cup)
- 1 heaped tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp tomato purée/paste
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 600ml (20 fl oz) vegetable or chicken stock (2½ cups)
- 170g (6 oz) farfalle pasta(3 cups)
- Worcestershire sauce
- fresh Parmesan to garnish
- To serve
- A leafy salad and crusty bread
- You will also need a large sauté pan with lid and four pasta dishes.
- Heat the oil and add the onion and lamb to the pan. Brown the meat over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently and breaking up any clumps of lamb.
- Now add the tomatoes, red wine, thyme, tomato purée/paste, seasoning, and stock. Stir everything together then bring the sauce to the boil. Cover the pan, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Next stir in the pasta and continue to simmer, uncovered, for a further 12 minutes, or until the pasta is just tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Spoon into the four dishes and top with a little grated Parmesan.
- Serve with a leafy salad and crusty bread to soak up the tasty sauce.
Updated: July 10, 2019