A pork goulash that all the family can enjoy and only takes forty minutes. Strips of pork tenderloin seasoned with paprika and cooked with red peppers, tomatoes and onions.
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 450g (1 lb) pork tenderloin/fillet, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp tomato purée/paste
- 2 x 400g tins chopped/diced tomatoes or 1 x 28 fl oz can
- 2 red bell peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped coriander to garnish
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- To serve
- You will also need a large sauté pan.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add the onions. Cook over a medium to low heat for about 10 minutes until golden, stirring them frequently.
- Add the pork strips and sauté for a further 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Now stir in the paprika, flour and tomato purée/paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Then stir through the tomatoes, peppers, 2 tablespoons water, and season. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the goulash amongst four warmed plates or bowls, and garnish each one with a little chopped coriander and a tablespoon of yogurt in the centre.
- Serve with rice.
Updated: October 26, 2018