These tasty little hash browns are tossed with paprika and parsley and then cooked in butter.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 700 g (1 lb 8oz potatoes, about 4 or 5 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 55 g (2 oz) butter (¼ cup, or ½ stick)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) (gas 5).
- Add the cubed potatoes to a pan of boiling, salted water, bring back to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes to blanch. Drain and dry on a piece of kitchen paper.
- Tip the potato cubes into a bowl. Add the paprika and chopped parsley. Season. Toss together until the cubes are coated with the paprika.
- Now melt the butter in a shallow roasting tin or 1.2 litre (2 pint ) (5 cup) baking dish, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully tip in the potato cubes and stir to coat with the butter.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender, golden brown and crunchy round the edges.