Salmon Provençale is a super tasty dish. Salmon fillet is roasted with baby potatoes, sweet cherry tomatoes, courgettes and olives tossed in olive oil and herbes de Provence.
- Preparation and cooking time: 50 minutes
- 565 g (1 lb 4 oz) salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 450 g (1 lb) baby potatoes (about 9)
- 2 courgettes/zucchinis
- 450 g (1 lb) cherry tomatoes
- 20 black olives, pitted (optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp herbes de Provence
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- You will also need a large heavy based baking tray/sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) (gas 6).
- While the oven is heating up, place the baking tray/sheet in the oven to get hot.
- Brush the hot tray/sheet with a little olive oil.
- Now toss the potatoes in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and a little salt. Then spread on the baking tray/sheet and roast for 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush the salmon pieces with a little olive oil and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of herbes de Provence. Season.
- After the potatoes have been roasting for 17 minutes, turn them, leaving a space in the centre of the tray/sheet. Now lay the salmon pieces in the centre and then return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the salmon and potatoes are in the oven, slice the courgettes/zucchinis into 1.25cm (½ inch) rounds and put in a bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives (if using), the remaining olive oil, and herbes de Provence. Season. Now toss to coat.
- After the salmon has been baking for 10 minutes, remove the tray/sheet from the oven, turn the potatoes again and spread all the vegetables around the salmon. Return to the oven and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes until the tomatoes are just starting to burst but still holding their shape and the salmon is cooked through.
Updated: October 19, 2019