Frozen mixed berries are thawed, then topped with an oat bran crumble which becomes crisp when cooked.
Mixed Berry Crisp
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 450 g (1 lb) frozen mixed berries, thawed (4 cups)
- 1 tsp flour
- For the topping
- 55 g (2 oz) flour, sifted (⅓ cup)
- 55 g (2 oz) porridge oats/quick rolled oats (⅔ cup)
- 70 g (2½ oz) light muscovado/soft brown sugar (⅓ cup)
- pinch salt
- 55 g (2 oz) butter, melted (¼ cup, or ½ stick)
- You will also need a 1.2 litre (2 pint) (5 cups) ovenproof dish measuring 25 x 15 cm (9 x 6 inches)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) (gas 5.
- Carefully mix the berries with the flour and then put in the ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the first four ingredients of the topping.
- Pour the butter over the top and mix in until the mixture has become crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the juices of the fruit are bubbling around the edge and the top is crisp.
- Serve with frozen vanilla yogurt, ice-cream or cream.