A chicken dish that can be barbecued or popped under the grill/broiler for just 10 minutes.
Chicken fillets are coated with oregano, garlic and sundried tomato in olive oil that makes it super tasty. Just serve with a green salad and crusty rolls.
Coated Chicken with Peppers
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- For the chicken and peppers
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skinned
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 55g (2 oz) sundried tomato paste (¼ cup)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Romano peppers /long red peppers or shepherd peppers
- For the salad dressing
- 115g (4 oz) Mary Berry’s Special Mustard Dressing/Walden Farms Honey Dijon Dressing (⅓ cup)
- 1½ tsp clear/runny honey
- 1 small orange, juice only
- To serve
- A green salad and crusty rolls
- Preheat the barbecue or grill/broiler.
- Slice each chicken fillet in half to make 2 thinner fillets.
- Whisk together the garlic, tomato paste, olive oil, oregano and seasoning. Spread over both sides of the chicken.
- Halve the peppers lengthways, de-seed and then cut into thin strips.
- Whisk together the dressing with the honey and orange juice. and stir through the salad.
- Barbecue or grill/broil the chicken for 5 minutes on each side until they are cooked through.
- After the first 5 minutes of cooking the chicken, add the pepper strips to the barbecue or grill/broiler and cook for about 5 minutes, turning them a couple of times. They should be just soft but not blackened.
- Divide the peppers between 4 plates, top with 2 pieces of chicken and serve with the salad, and crusty rolls on the side.
Updated: July 9, 2017