Quick to prepare and just perfect for a late summer dessert. Peaches and red berries are simply marinated in a peach schnapps syrup.
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 3 minutes
- Chilling time: 24 hours
- 120ml (4 fl oz) Archers/peach schnapps (½ cup)
- 1 orange
- 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 3 medium peaches
- 200g (7 oz) raspberries (1¾ cups) or strawberries, halved (1 cup)
- You will also need 4 x glass serving dishes.
- Pour the schnapps into a small pan.
- Juice the orange and add to the pan along with the redcurrant jelly.
- Now heat gently to melt the jelly, stirring occasionally. Then bring to a bubble for 2–3 minutes until the liquid becomes syrupy. Pour into a large glass serving bowl and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, put the peaches in a large bowl and completely cover with boiling water. Leave for 30 seconds. Drain off the water, then replace it with cold water. The skins can then be easily removed.
- Halve the peaches, ease out the stones and clean up the hole left with a teaspoon.
- Next thinly slice the peach halves and add to the cooled syrup along with the raspberries or strawberries. Gently toss to coat with the syrup. Now cover the bowl and chill for 24 hours, stirring the fruit occasionally.
- The syrup may thicken during chilling. If it has becomes too thick by the time you are ready to serve, just add 1–2 tablespoons of orange juice to thin it down a bit.
Updated: September 12, 2018