Juicy peaches and blackberries are grilled/broiled and smothered in honey-butter, rich cream, and crunchy ratafia. What a perfect summer dessert.
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 4 ripe peaches
- 4 tsp runny honey/liquid honey
- 28g (1 oz) butter (2 tbsp), cut into small pieces
- 140g (5 oz) blackberries (1 cup)
- 113g tub clotted cream or thick Jersey cream (UK) OR
- 1 cup whipping or heavy cream (North America)
- 2 tbsp peach schnapps
- 8 ratafia (small almond macaroons)
- You will also need 4 small heatproof dishes.
- Preheat the grill/broiler.
- If using whipping or heavy cream, whisk until thick.
- Now whip the peach schnapps into the cream and then crumble in the ratafia.
- Halve the peaches and ease out the stones. Put them cut-side up in the four individual dishes. Now drizzle over the honey and dot with the butter. Grill/broil for 2–3 minutes until the honey and butter begin to bubble.
- Remove the dishes from the heat and then spoon over the cream mixture and scatter over the blackberries. Place under the grill/broiler for a further 2 minutes, until the cream has melted and the peaches are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.