This Apple Snow dish is based on the traditional version but it does not use raw eggs. The apples are topped with Greek yogurt and sprinkled with roasted oatmeal.
Prepares: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: about 20 minutes
- Standing time: 45 minutes
- Refrigeration time: 30 minutes
- 4 small apples suitable for cooking
- 250g Greek yogurt (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp medium or coarse pinhead oatmeal/steel cut oatmeal
- You will also need 4 short glass tumblers
- Peel, core and chop the apples. Put in a pan with 1 tablespoon water and gently cook for 15–20 minutes until the fruit is very soft, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl and whisk to make the apples fluffy. Leave to cool, about 45 minutes.
- Divide the apple between the glasses and smooth the tops.
- Stir the yogurt and then spoon on top of the apple. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan/skillet over a medium heat and add the oatmeal. Cook for a few minutes moving the oatmeal around. Once it starts to brown, it is ready. Set aside to cool.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the oatmeal over the yogurt.
Updated: December 29, 2019