These home fries are the best! They are easy to make and almost as quick as opening a bag of frozen supermarket ones!
Chunky Home Fries
- Preparation time: 10 minutes for 4 servings
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Per single serving
- 1 large potato,* about 225g/8 oz
- ½ tbsp oil (not olive oil)
- salt and pepper
- * The varieties I would suggest: Maris Piper in the U.K. and Yukon Gold in Canada.
- Adjust oven rack to lowest level. Preheat to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6
- Peel potatoes and slice into ½ inch thick rounds and then into ½ inch thick strips. Pat dry and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Stir until evenly coated.
- Spread out on a baking sheet, covered with baking parchment, and bake for about 30 minutes, turning 2 or 3 times until browned and tender.